Arsenicum album is a popular homeopathic remedy derived from the metallic element arsenic. It is actually a highly poisonous metallic element that can be found in some amount in a wide variety of sources, including laundry aids, pesticides, tobacco smoke, bone meal, kelp, table salt, seafood and even drinking water. In homeopathy often is called the white metal. Used for the production of solutions and during grindings. Ars introduced in science, Hahnemann homeopathic describing the pathogenesis of arsenic in his writings "Clean Pharmacology" and "Treatment of chronic diseases."
A brief description:
- Name: Arsenicum album
- Raw materials: Arsenic (III) oxide, As2O3
- granules: C3, C6, C12, C15, C30 and higher
- Drops: C3, C6, C12, C15, C30 and higher
When arsenic poisoning can be noted lesion of the digestive and respiratory systems, as well as the skin, nervous system, liver, and kidney. It appears vomiting, diarrhea, and pain.
As for the respiratory system, shortness of breath, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, bad cold, and even necrosis of the nasal bones (for example, workers who are in constant contact with the arsenic dust).
On the skin, arsenic causes the appearance of scales and pustular forms, as well as ulcers. These symptoms should be added and the occurrence of swelling of the eyelids.
In addition, Arsenicum album and acts on the nervous system, causing insomnia, headaches, numbness in hands and feet. It is also noted paralysis, especially of the lower extremities, as well as heart muscle. The above symptoms are accompanied by bleeding and an increase in liver volume.
When it advised taking Arsenicum :- Homeopathic remedies are based on arsenic used in the case of different categories of diseases. First - this is the problem with the digestive system, such as gastroenteritis, dysentery, stomach pain and in severe forms. Arsenicum album is recommended for hemorrhoids.
The following indications for use of the drug - this is the problem with the respiratory system. Homeopathic remedies prepared from arsenic, are used for asthma, rhinitis, pleurisy and pneumonia. A characteristic symptom of diseases in which homeopathy recommends Ars - is a pain in the area of the upper third of the right lung, where there is the third intercostal space.
Arsenicum album heals diseases of the genitourinary system, including Bright's disease. Also active good homeopathic preparation under various rashes, itchy and burning, for example in ulcers. Homeopathic remedy recommended for gangrene, anthrax, psoriasis, eczema and bleeding arbitrary.
Of infectious diseases is worth noting cholera and typhoid. I should add that Ars is an excellent remedy for diseases of the circulatory system, especially in the aorta. Of nervous system diseases, homeopathic medicine helps with headaches and fever.
By Ars include three constitutional types. First - it is blooming, muscular people are strongly built, with shiny hair and thin skin. The most significant disadvantages of these people - it's asthma or shingles.
The next type - people who suffer from digestive problems and therefore endowed with a yellow face, thin. They all cause vomiting, even the smell of food. They suffer from constant thirst, different puffy face, with blue circles eyes, dry lips.
Finally, the third type - people with pale skin, seriously ill. In fact, patients with this disease in at the stage of, for example, cancer or tuberculosis. Characterized by edema and pale skin.
A few more strokes, describing the constitutional type Arsenicum. Patients are afraid of the cold, wrap up in warm clothes, but in contrast to the open window, as they need fresh air.
Side Effects of Arsenicum Album:-
- Heart problems: The prescription form of arsenic (arsenic trioxide, Trisenox) can affect heart rhythm in some patients.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Arsenic is LIKELY SAFE when eaten in normal food amounts by women who are pregnant or breast-feeding. However, other forms of arsenic (inorganic arsenic) are LIKELY UNSAFE when taken by mouth by women who are pregnant or breast-feeding. Arsenic has been linked to birth defects and other serious harm in animals. Do not take arsenic supplements if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Children: Arsenic is LIKELY SAFE when eaten by children in normal food amounts. The form of arsenic found naturally in foods (organic arsenic) does not seem to cause any harm. Other forms of arsenic (inorganic arsenic) are LIKELY UNSAFE for children when taken by mouth. Long-term exposure to arsenic in drinking water at a level of 50 mcg/L has been linked to reduced scores on intelligence tests in children.
- Low levels of folic acid: There is some evidence that folic acid deficiency changes the way the body processes and removes arsenic and may contribute to higher arsenic levels.
Doses application Arsenicum :- Arsenicum formulations used in different doses depending on the disease. Let's say, low dilutions (Arsenicum album 6) apply in the case of nephritis, cholera, ascites, rhinitis, asthma, heart problems, and blood vessels.
Average dilutions (Ars albumin 30) is used in the case of fevers, pleurisy, and the initial stage of treatment of the disease. High dilutions (Arsenicum album 200) Homeopathy recommends that for certain types of fever and neuralgia.