Camphora (Camphor) Homeopathic Remedy
Camphora is extracted from the woody bark of the camphor tree. This tree, which belongs to the laurel plants, is native to South China and Japan. It can reach a height of up to 50 m. Camphora, the camphor, is used in homeopathy for colds and convulsions. It is often used in the initial stage of the flu, especially when the patient is very cold. Camphora also helps in the treatment of collapsing shock.
A brief description of Camphora
- Name: Camphor, Camphora
- Raw materials: Cinnamomum camphora
- How often used: Frequently
- Abbreviation: Camph.
- German name: Fighter
- Typical potencies: D3 - D6
- Family: laurel, Lauraceae
- Granules: D3, C3, C6 and higher
- Drops: D2, D3, C3, C6 and higher
The homeopathic remedy Camphora is made from the camphor tree. This camphor tree is a member of the family of laurel plants. The camphor tree is mainly found in the Asian countries, such as Japan or southern China. It is also found in tropical and subtropical areas.
Camphora is made from the bark or the resin of the tree. Meanwhile, however, one has also found out how to make this active substance synthetically. There are also synthetic agents. The homeopathic remedy helps, for example, if you have a cold, especially with chills, if the affected person is very cold or if someone has pronounced convulsions.
This homeopathic remedy fits particularly well with people, in whom the contradictions seem to accumulate. For example, one can say that someone is constantly complaining that he is cold, but that he does not like it to be warmed (heat would improve the complaints).
A reference to this remedy is when the person is pale in the face and there also forms cold sweat. These people always look a bit cramped or something as if they grieve something. And in fact, these people want to have compassion, but they can not express it and, on the contrary, they are quick to attack and start fighting.
Another area of application is circulatory problems, which occur together with impotence feelings. Then there is also a strong breakthrough and great nausea.
The persons are also very exhausted in the case of illness, a typical symptom is a cold sweat and the desire for warmth. Also tensions in the neck, back, muscles, joint pain, and headache are often found in these people.
This homeopathic remedy has a strong affinity for the central nervous system, it acts on the blood vessels, for example, the blood pressure is restored and the circulation is stabilized. In addition, this agent is known for its effects on the skin, the mucous membranes, the digestive system and finally the heart.
This remedy is for people of all ages. This remedy is, moreover, an antidote to any other homeopathic remedy, which means that this remedy can abolish the effect of any other remedies. Please store Camphora well closed and with some distance from all other means.
Camphora can be the means of choice if one or more of the following symptoms are found:
- The affected person has convulsive pain in the abdomen, nerves or tooth area.
- The affected person has fears, is nervous and can not focus properly. All this is triggered by mental problems.
- Complaints were caused by a respiratory infection. This remedy is especially indicated, for example, in colds, which occurs together with cervical scars and in which the person is very cold.
- The symptoms are improved by warmth and perspiration. They are aggravated by cold or cold weather, by movement and by night.
- This remedy also helps against bloating and diarrhea as well as vomiting.
- Low blood pressure is raised, high blood pressure is lowered, so the blood pressure is generally regulated to the right degree.
- Camphora acts in antimicrobial and antibiotic infections so it can help against all kinds of pathogens. In addition, swelling and fever are improved.
Psyche and Mind:- The people to whom this remedy fits can concentrate very badly, they never find rest, they are therefore psychically exhausted. Not infrequently are depressions. These people are afraid of darkness and in a strange environment. After physical or mental injuries, they fall into a kind of shock.
The head:- The affected persons often complain about headaches. They feel a knocking in their heads, they also feel a kind of coldness in their head. In addition, these people sometimes feel as if the brain is contracting.
The face:- The face is pale or bluish. Partially, the affected persons distort the face as in a spasm. The eyes look as motionless and rigid, they have fallen. Tears are formed when the person is in the fresh air. Besides, the eye pain, especially in the sunshine.
The respiratory organs and chest:- The affected persons breathe slowly and deeply, however, you must partly strongly cough. hey complain of a great cold in the chest area. They are very susceptible to respiratory diseases, where a lot of mucus is formed. In addition, these individuals are often suffering from a hereditary disease or circulatory problems. The blood pressure is either too high or too low.
The digestive tract:- The affected persons often suffer from ailments in the digestive tract. Here, too, the affected person feels a marked coldness. Typical symptoms include constipation, diarrhea, or flatulence, all of which are associated with a great weakness.
Urinary tract:- The persons have problems to urinate, there is a urinary retention. If they can urinate, then it hurts a lot. Partially, they also lose involuntary urine. In connection with this, there is often catarrh in the bladder or irritated kidneys. When urinating, it burns, the urine is partly reddish, partly greenish and turbid.
Genital area:- Women have a marked desire for sexuality. In the menopause, heat is associated with severe cold sensations in the limbs and the abdomen. There is excessive bleeding. In men, it is not unusual for them to be impotent or that they have a permanent erection that causes pain.
Movement organs and limbs:- Arms and legs are cold and partial as numb, without strength and as stiff. When moving, arms and legs crack. There are often calf cramps. In addition, the affected persons often complain of pain in the ankles. Those affected complain of rheumatic pain.
Skin:- The affected person has a cold and bluish skin. But although she is cold, she will not cover herself.
Fever:- If the person has a cold, a sudden fever occurs. Then also chills cold skin and pronounced fatigue is noted.
Sleep behavior:- The affected persons often complain about sleepless nights or nights, where they could only sleep very restlessly. On the other hand, there are also nights where they sleep like in a coma. They have nightmares.
Similar homeopathic remedies of Camphor
Aconitum napellus:- The blue iron hat, one of the most dangerous plants, is called Aconitum napellus in homeopathy . This remedy is taken especially at the beginning of a cold when the first itching and tingling in the nose become noticeable. As with Camphora, the affected persons show a strong anxiety, they are particularly nervous and can not concentrate. However, in Aconitum napellus the longing for death comes, even though they are actually afraid of death.
Headaches are burning and the head feels hot. The facial skin is strongly red in Aconitum napellus, in contrast to Camphora, where the skin is rather pale and bluish.
In contrast to Camphora, Aconitum napellus is characterized by the pronounced warmth in the arms. In addition, the skin tingles, which is not the case with Camphora.
Argentum nitricum:- As with Camphora also the persons have a strong fear. People are trembling with fear, the heart is beating and sweating. Also, as with Camphora it comes to digestive problems, to diarrhea and flatulence, to nausea and to the strong breeding excitement.
Carbo vegetables:- The persons freeze strongly feel cold. However, with Carbo vegetables the head is hot and the cheeks are very red. As with Camphora, the affected persons are very exhausted and weak, it comes to dizziness. With Carbo vegetables, it is also noticeable that the persons have to push up strongly after eating. When colds in the bronchi are also accumulated, a lot of mucus is accumulated, but here helps the inflow of cool fresh air.
Camphor: Commonly used in the area
- central nervous system
- skin, and mucous membranes
- gastrointestinal tract
- heart and vessels
Camphor: Typical Symptoms (Lead Symptoms)
- The affected person freezes.
- The person concerned has a pale face.
- The person concerned looks for the warmth.
- The affected person has frostbite.
- The affected person is fainting or collapsing.
- The affected person has circulatory problems up to collapse states.
- The affected person has nausea and vomiting, cold sweat and a pale face.
- The sufferer suffers from attacks of exhaustion and weakness, as well as a complete slackening of the limbs.
Application areas of Camphora
- Gastrointestinal flu
- Freezing, subcooling, shock or collapse
- Febrile convulsions
- Dizziness with vomiting persisting in children
- Cold shock muscle stiffness
- Frosting, subcooling, external
- Circulatory problems
- Renal colic
- Fainting, collapse, generally accepted
- Calf cramps
- Oxygen deficiency
- Salmonella infection
- Circulatory failure shock surgery
- Cold sensitivity
- Circulatory disorders
- Bile columene
- Children, colds and fever
- Flu prevention
- Gastrointestinal inflammation
- Homeopathic Abuse Antidote
- Nasal sinusitis Inflammatory pain in the area of the eyes
- Cold shock sudden exhaustion collapse
- Vomiting in brain disease especially children
- Nasal congestion, nasal congestion in the eyes and forehead
- Norovirus infection
- Clogged nose
- Poisoning by zinc
- Urinary retention
- Runny nose
- Sleep disorders
The suffering is improved by
The suffering is worsened by
- At night
Side Effect of Camphor
Liver disease: Taking camphor by mouth or applying it to the skin have been linked to potential liver damage. In theory, using camphor might make liver disease worse.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Taking camphor by mouth is not safe during pregnancy or breast-feeding. The safety of applying camphor to the skin during pregnancy or breast-feeding is unknown. Do not risk your health or your baby’s. Avoid using camphor during pregnancy.
Children: Camphor is not safe in children when applied to the skin. Children tend to be more sensitive to the side effects. Camphor is definitely unsafe when taken by mouth. Seizures and death can occur if these products are eaten. Keep camphor-containing products away from children.
Homeopathic Indications of Camphor
Frostbite, subcooling, shock or collapse:-
- The affected person suffers from exhaustion.
- She has rigid muscles, no pulse can be felt.
- Camphora D1: Every 15 minutes, until an improvement occurs.
Children, colds, and fever:-
- Use at the first sign of a cold.
Fainting, collapse, generally accepted:-
- It arouses the spirits of life.
- Camphora D 1: Every 15 minutes, until an improvement occurs.
Freezing, subcooling, externally:-
- The affected areas are inserted with cold Camphora water.
- Camphora D1: Ten drops to 200 ml of water.