Hamamelis Virginiana Homeopathic RemedyThe Hamamelis are native to East Asia. In our latitudes they can be planted as ornamental shrubs. Their appearance is very similar to our hazelnut shrub. The extracts for medical purposes are obtained from their bark and their leaves. Hamamelis, the magic nut, helps with venous congestion and bleeding, which simply do not coagulate, and in hemorrhoids and varicose veins when the veins are weak and inflamed.
Overview to Hamamelis virginica:-
- How often used: Frequently
- Abbreviation: Hamamelis
- German name: Witch Hazel
- Typical potencies: D6 - D12
Typical Symptoms (Lead Symptoms) :-
- The affected person has varicose veins.
- The affected person is prone to bleeding or blood accumulation.
- The affected person has hemorrhoids.
- The affected person has a prolonged nasal bleeding.
- The affected person feels sore, feels as if squashed or bruised.
- The affected person has a feeling of fatigue in the arms and legs, muscles and joints ache.
Indications of Hamamelis Virginica
After the experimental reception of witch hazel extract, a person begins to feel severe pain in the head. Whiskey pierce like a nail. Preston R. He revealed that hamamelis virginica contributes to coronary artery spasm and increases the heart muscle. As a result, increases blood circulation, the blood rushes to your head, it opens nosebleeds. Women are enhanced uterine bleeding.
During the experiments, the symptoms have been identified, which eliminates the remedy:
- Phlebitis (inflammation of the vein wall).
- Venous bleeding.
- Hemorrhoids. Increased soreness nodes. Burning pain in the anus.
- "Tearing" headache. Nausea and dizziness. Nosebleeds .
- Vicarious menstruation. Violation of the cycle. Inflammation of the ovaries. Uterine bleeding.
- Phlebeurysm. Soreness at the touch of venous nodes
- Gastritis. Esophageal varices. Halitosis.
- The dosage and compatibility
Hamamelis virginiana produced in the pellets, for internal use. For external - in the form of ointments and suppositories.
Dosage and time of the granules is appointed by the attending physician. Take medicine for half an hour before meals. Children under one year of pellets dissolved in a small amount of water in advance as witch hazel grains dissolve very slowly.
To take granules, to be careful, not touching your hands to the grains, (cloth or forceps) to take them under your tongue. Wait until dissolve. Swallow impossible.
The ointment is applied locally, gently lubricating the affected skin.
Important! Not be applied to mucous membranes of eyes, mouth and nose.Varicose veins, the ointment is applied twice a day. The course of treatment - two weeks. If you need a refresher course, it is recommended to start in just four weeks.
Candles are administered into the rectum once or twice during the day. The patient at this time should be in the horizontal position for 30 minutes.
Candles are used to the full to improve the patient's condition.
In the initial period of application of the drug, a slight worsening of symptoms. In this case, the patient must consult a doctor.
During the reception of Hamamelis, you must stop the use of antidotes: alcohol, coffee, camphor, tobacco, mint, chamomile. They contain binders weaken the effect of the drug.
Other antidotes are:-
- China (Hina);
- Camphora (camphor);
- Pulsatilla (Pulsatilla - cross meadow).
- Complementary means - Ferrum (Ferrum).
Each person has a unique body and different degrees of neglected diseases. Therefore, the different effects of witch hazel treatment can be observed. Someone relief occurs within thirty minutes, someone in a week.
Areas of application of Hamamelis Virginica/virginiana
- Concentration weakness
- Intestinal cramps
- Vein enlargement
- Open leg
- Nasal bleeds
- Pregnancy accompanying
- Lower leg ulcer
- Ulcer cruris
- Menoric and metrorrhagiae
- Tickle cough
- Skin inflammation
- Venous congestion
- Laryngeal inflammation
- Varicose veins
- Venous bleeding
- Throat inflammation
- Struma vasculosa
- Tension headache
- Period cramps
- Heart pain
- Lung tuberculosis
- Muscle rheumatism
- Menstrual problems
- Venous weakness
- Muscle pain
- Venous dilatation
- Joint pain
- Swollen feet
- Stomach cramps
- Muscle cramps
- Bleeding skin or mucous membranes
- Ovarian inflammation
- Venous inflammation
- Memory weakness
- Fresh air
- Humidified air
- Moist warm weather